Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New girl, new things.

"...'Indigo'. That's what I'll name it. No No No... Maybe 'BlueBlack,' that's kind of edgy. "

The name you give a baby is essential to the roots of its growth, its natural development, and its lively hood as a self-efficient human. The same goes for a piece of work--art, writing, photography, etc. The title that I have given my blog, "Brown Spot," has a quite easy mental breakdown. "Brown" is what I identify as, just one of the many colors in the spectrum of human skins that God created. "Spot" derives from a place of simplicity and maturity as these are two characteristics that I, and most women my age, are in virtue of.

At 22 with wide hips, a thick head of hair, and an education--not to mention my witty and fashionable thinking process--I am ready to dedicate a piece of me to you . So, Grab my hand, and lets take a walk between the lines of these two ladies-- "African American Woman" and "Educated Professional Woman." Lets talk about the education, professional development, and social perspective of being a young, African American woman in the professional work field. Then, we can figure out who's already perfected it, and how they look so darn good while doing it!

-B

Image credit: http://www.meetup.com/DPBWladies/photos/303483/3311997/

No comments:

Post a Comment